Monday, March 14, 2011

Stretcccch...





Learned how to stretch canvas over a frame I made, like having the control to tighten the canvas extra tight! Stretching my own canvas is the way to go, since I like to paint big. Shit is very expensive to buy already assembled, and I would like to try different materials as canvas. School starts back this week, I feel refreshed and ready to spend some serous time in the metals studio, and crank some frames out in the wood shop. Here are some process shots, the dancer is on the frame I made and canvased, thanks for showing me how Cory! Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Deb said...

While visiting our child at Carolina in May 2011, we had the opportunity of seeing your artwork at the Open Eye Cafe. I am truly amazed by your combination of colors.

I would love to know how you can made such dark and scary paintings look so beautiful. My favorite is the old lady sitting on the bench - frankly, I was mesmerized by it. I had to return to the Open Eye again just to look at your paintings,which is rare for me.

I am curious about your work.

Where do you get your inspiration for your paintings? Do you use models for your paintings(!) or are the images just conjured up in your mind?