Wednesday, May 19, 2010

yo.





about to paint. i have been working a getting into a tight schedule with my work. the goal is to crank it out when i don't have my daughter. it is important to me to be present with her, and she needs lots of my attention.and i want to give it to her. making work with a soon to be four year around is next to impossible! so on days when she is with her mother, i like to have a 8 am start time. i really can get much done in six hours of painting. anymore and i lose the fever a bit, plus there's a lot of other shit in life besides pushing oil around. like cleaning up my clay studio! i have not touched it since i broke my collar bone six weeks ago. it is a disaster, huge platters left in mid creation, all kinds of stuff has been stored in there. scary shit people. it will be a full day job. i rather split in two, and get some of these folks who will be making pots in my studio this summer, to come over and help straighten it up! here are four rooster paintings..a lady who owns a folk gallery requested these, she sells a lot of rooster work. i am up for that, never painted a rooster before, but really liked it. two of them look like ducks playing dress up. even better. have a great day!

6 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

The chickens are FANTASTIC! Hey, we are coming up your way in June, you should come by the cabin one day or we should meet in town for a beer. I'll keep you posted.

FetishGhost said...

Very cool!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

thank F.G>...yes tracey we must get up! let me know the exact dates. yall have to meet emma!

韋于倫成 said...

人是受想像力所支配的。......................................................

Zoe Nelson said...

My ducks always play dress-up.

Dan Kelly said...

Jeff, I love your new work..Karen and I will be up in Boone this summer..keep pluggin away