Sunday, February 14, 2010

where doth thou heart live?










happy valentines day. i am spending it with my lovely daughter, she is a great light in my life. so is the work that i am so blessed with. hows that song go..change the world with my own two hands...i have had a good weekend, not been in the studio, which is a challenge for me. actually i have only not been in there for one day! whatever, it seems like a long time. i have just got my clay order for the wood firing that is coming in the beginning of march. i will sit down and make a list for the work going in mark's kiln. three different types of clay..three different styles of work. the second round of pagoda planters is about done, and i am going to finish out a round of large platters this week also. tonight i start a collaborative set of paintings for a silent auction benefiting haiti. three, acrylic on wood. with liz roberts a very talented artist. should be fun. what did i do yesterday? your looking at it. emma has her own kitchen now, she is stoked, been slaving over the stove all morning! and here i am with my new dan finnegan mug in the never ending snow. dig it!

4 comments:

jim gottuso said...

spending the day with my daughter too... and yesterday too. that platter (3rd pic down) is my fave so far. what a great image! the pagodas turned out really nice too in the previous post.

Tracey Brome said...

Spending the day with my daughter too! Dad is in Vancouver, so we are chillin'. On a similar path with you on the tall carved piece, I made a tall shrine today that I am loving. Will post tomorrow.

Linda Starr said...

the piece in the next to last photo is great, happy valentines to you and your daughter.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

jim, i finally got to your blog! awesome everything, i look forward to reading about your life more. tracey, yes, your hubby has quite the rockin' job! look forward to seeing the shrine. and thank you linda!:)