Monday, November 9, 2009

paddlin'



when they said repent, i wondered what they meant..yes it has been a leonard cohen morning. funny how he always sets me in a philosophical,contemplative mood....hmmmm....don't have a camera right now, it was possibly stolen at the gallery opening friday night, or i just set it down in a strange place when i walked in. i hope the latter, why someone would want that ragged out taped up, slightly bent lens ed camera is besides me..but it was in a nice case. this week is a strong paddle stroke in the direction of my work. it is two fold, luckily i have two paddle in my boat! first i am spring boarding back into the art on clothes business, i have the opportunity to learn the process in detail, and rent out the shop to do my work. this is perfect, i will have complete control of the design process from start to finish....i printed out two small runs last week and have the fever hot coursing through my veins now....i plan on filling my etsy shop up with clothes..that mean i get to be come a fashion photographer...fun! i have always wanted to work in fashion design industry, specifically in the skate/surf/extreme sport genre...these were the clothes that i grew up with and still turn me on. i like the urban atstectic, and feel my work will translate well in this arena. i have a ton of shirts that i got second hand to work on my style and designs..second oar with be pulling my ceramic work in a new direction for this month. something completely diff i am hoping. any ideas?i have a fuckin' show with a girl from nyc in one month! ahhhh! her work is very collage like aith a strong urban feel to it. hard to explain. she is taking old antique carousel horses and well you you will have to wait and see! dec.7th is our show date..shit better get to work see ya!...

4 comments:

traceybroome@mindspring.com said...

Jeff, this is really exciting!What a logical extension of your art! I still like the pottery you have been doing, don't do away with is altogether :)

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

hi tracey..yes, i am quite excited about it..thanks for the support, and the pots will not stop either;)

cindy shake said...

Your designs will be GREAT on textile. An artist friend of mine up here in Alaska has ventured that way as well. Here is her link:
http://www.octopusinkclothing.com/

I think mixing up the mediums is a necessary process. I needed to move towards clay to branch out from strictly doing metal. Artists can have so many ideas and sometimes one medium can't express them all well enough! GO FORTH!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

thanks cindy, i do like her work..i agree mixing mediums up and switching is good for keeping the work fresh.. nice to meet you!