Wednesday, March 4, 2009

new horizon..






i apologize for my slackness in posting...life is rounding a huge bend, my life is about to change drastically. i have been caretaking for my gramps, for over a year. come this time next week, he will be in assisted living. it will be the best for all involved. i can no longer offer him the level of care he truly needs. i won't go into details, but to say that i will be freed up a bit, is a drastic understatement. i feel so relieved. i had been experiencing burnout, and the passing of my lab caused to levy to break. that and his pulling guns out again!..i will be able to be more present with my daughter, have friends over for dinner, talk in a normal voice inside, shit the list goes on and on.,...not to mention my work, this is like leaving an 30 hr plus job. i am ready to get busy and go to the next level in expressing my passion for life.. come on and join me....it will be a great ride.

4 comments:

Benjamin Gufford Pottery said...

Beautiful cups. You might consider donating one or two to the NC Pottery Center Faces auction coming up in April. They are looking for any kind of clay object that has a face on it. These cups with the skull like faces would be a great donation. People are dropping off donations at Cynthia Bringles studio. They need the donation dropped off by March 12, which is a Thursday.

Ron said...

Jeff, This will certainly be a huge change. I really admire you for taking care of your grandfather, and can't imagine how difficult that has been. Good luck with moving forward.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

thanks ron. yes, ben, i think i will send a set down. thanks for lookin out.

Quietgirl said...

Good news- that's wonderful. Work it out! :D