Thursday, March 19, 2009

50/50






that is how i feel about the kiln..i used a blue underglaze that just doesn't pop out from the black. you can see the difference in the before and afterpics..someone out-there likes it i am sure, but not i. also i am learning that when the cups are casted very thinly that, there will be a percentage that cracks. this might heve to do with the speed at which the kiln cools..over-all it is a useable kiln with some really nice pieces coming out. i will post more work over the weekend. i will began to restock my etsy store again with this kiln...today i will meet with a prospective gallery owner. she has a very nice place, with incredible work. i hope we will be working together in the future..

5 comments:

Patricia Griffin said...

I hope it went well with the gallery owner! I like your attitude regarding the work that you're not happy with... Yes, someone will love it! My hubster is quick to remind me about my own dissatisfaction with pieces: "For every Jack, there's a Jill."

Linda Starr said...

I thought of a plantet with a galaxy when I first saw the tumbler, ok, I'm someone and I like it. Good luck with the gallery.

sutrotower said...

I love seeing the matched sets. My 2 tumblers made it back to SFO and I'm drinking seltzer from one right now. People are going to love these!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

thanks yall, yes i like your impression linda., now ruth remember to hand-wash those bad-boys, they are delicate..

Quietgirl said...

I like the last cup the most. The dots moving one way, the splotch running another. Cool.