Monday, February 2, 2009
first run/second run
here are some pics of the first and second run of castings...first run was basically disaster, the castings were ripping, and not releasing from the molds. i also learned very quickily after adding alot of epk..that the slip would be brown, not white! opps..so i am off to asheville to get materials, i need the whitey white!..i will make a batch of slip with lots of grolleg and little epk, so it should be a translucent white. sweet. i added nypeline syninte in a sock to the second run to help with the releasing. it worked, also i let the plaster dry further. i was rushing the molds...second group, yes! looks good, now i just need to change the slip to white. i will still do deco on these, just as keepsakes for my virgin slip-casting experience..my favorites are the tupper ware cup and mason jar. i am making four molds of each, so i can do sets this week..there is so much i haved learned by just doing this and pushing through the mistakes, i would like to go into more detail, but i am off to the big city..have a good day!