Monday, January 26, 2009

demo today..








i am giving a demo today at my studio for some highscool students who are "at risk"..my kinda people. i am at risk myself...a wee bit loco you know..check back later for pics of the fun..here are some pics..great fun, they really got into it. a couple of the girls can draw much better than me. they will be back next week to glaze the cups. my dogs stayed awake for one hour and tyhen passed out. they are becoming senior citizen dogs for sure....i would love to work with inner city kids some day. we don't have an inner city here, but this was awesome. i can relate to where they are at, i was a troubled teen, more like a teen causin' trouble..

6 comments:

RedHotPottery said...

yay for you- younger folks need to see a working artist. I hope it goes well and you are inspired and inspiring!!

Meagan Chaney said...

How'd the demo go for the "at risk?"

Kyle Kunnecke said...

can't wait to see what happened with your demo - sounds like a great opportunity to share your talent with kids!

Ursula said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

tsbroome said...

My kinda fun! I love working with at risk kids, cause like you said, I was one/am one! I think a lot of these kids are artists inside. I worked with a teen center in Siler City last year and it was one of the best classes I have ever done. You should talk to the Arts Council about a program for kids with clay, you would be great!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

that is a good idea tsbroome. i have access to grants and it would be awesome to work with these kids, they have so much energy. clay is a great way to focus it. we only had two hours, but they were very happy just creating! more art and music in school!