Wednesday, November 12, 2008

rabbit habit...






i got a thing for drawing rabbits, i like to draw them both sweet and dark. donny darko, is one of my all-time favorite movies...i am moving along, enjoying doing design work on these large bottles, they are about 27" tall. really, i feel like i am just beginning. this work is like learning a language, and i have just begin to put sentences together, and am ready to start writing paragraphs, speaking in stories. part of this will be the introduction of more color. i love to paint, and use alot of color in the compositions. the ceramics has taken up all my work-time, so the best way to get back to painting is bring it to the ceramics. i also look forward to incorporating slip-casting into my vocabulary this winter. i am grateful for God./given.ability, for it only comes through me, i do not control it...and it is available to all, i believe, just let yourself go.

3 comments:

Deborah Woods said...

Strange-but it's a good strange. Your pot reminded me of a painting I did once. Just the bleeding heart really. I don't know how to set this up as a link, but it's here http://themudpot.blogspot.com/2008/06/pathelogical-painting-pride.html

You could also just check the post titled "Pathelogical painting pride" in the month of june in my archives if you are interested.

Thanks for your advice the other day. I felt a lot better by the end of the day, and I think it started with my ride.

Quietgirl said...

Just thought I'd let you know I was here :)
I just got internet again, so I'll be bumping around online more again.
I like your posts (describing potting as an art like writing- how could I not be engaged.
Hope you're well!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

cool painting deb.., yes, i always feel better after a ride...the best is when i can not remember what i was worried about in the first place.
hi quiet girl, nice to see you here again.