Thursday, November 13, 2008

new tumbler..




this one is nice. it showcases my love for the urban style of graffiti. you know it is funny, when i went to the MOMA in S.F., i dug all the different mediums. really though, my favorite work was when i stepped outside and explored the alleys with all the fresh paint that the many talented cats throw up. see, i even speak the urban! i miss philly sometimes, boone is awesome, but i crave the art culture of the big cities. ....so here is a tumbler with a design that would look great up on a wall, or side of a boxcar. thanks for looking..here is a short french of an artist doing a piece..he is actually creating the art by cleaning the wall. what an upstandin' citizen. this is a process called "reverse graffiti"..to watch, click here.

3 comments:

Deborah Woods said...

I know what you mean about living in a city. I live in a decent small town-it's beautiful around here-but I still really crave moving to Boston or NY. I don't know why I don't just do it. I checked out that video. I hope at the end the washing off was part of regular maintenance and not just to erase what he had done. Scary to watch that thick black goo going down the drain. Disturbing what everyone's breathing in.

Judy Shreve said...

You are on a roll with these tumblers - nice! I like the red on this one.

My husband & I are trying to decide whether to buy a few acres & build or stay in the city - when my son leaves for college next year.

I like what the city offers . . . music, theater, museums, shopping & friends close by, but it would be nice to have the tranquility of space around me.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

i think it was to wash off the skulls...that was some nasty black goo.
judy, that is a hard one. for me i would like to have both!..but, i would rather have some space and nature than urban jungle. i would like to visit cities, and live in the country.