Sunday, September 28, 2008

sunday..














we have had lots of rain, measured 2.5 inches! in the last 24 hrs...very busy gearing up for the norcross show in atlanta..here are some samples of the last kiln mostly mugs, tumblers, and wine goblets..these seem to sell the best over-all, i do enjoy doing them in short spurts, soon i will have to do a sculptural piece, i can feel it welling up inside...i also have some masks that are waiting to be sgraffito'd..they will be funky, haven't ventured into this area yet, should be fun...the masks here still need nose-rings and colored bead deco work..the next round i will be incorporating a lot of metal, steel, and cast iron if i can find any.. the melting point of these two is above cone 04, what i will be firing these to...found object, clay masks..sounds good..have a nice sunday live it up....

8 comments:

Deborah Woods said...

Hi Jeff-what's up with the mug with the flowers on one side, and the woman on the other? Is this for an order or is it for sale?

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

yes deborah, it is or sale...the inscription says "all one", i must give props to dr.bronner. i love the message on his soaps..she is in the pose that is done at the end of my yoga class, that i cannot do so well..l

Deborah Woods said...

Okay, I am very interested in it then. How do I go about buying it from you and how much?

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

$35+7 shipping...paypal or you could send me a check..which ever is easier for you..

Deborah Woods said...

Hi Jeff-I would like to take the cup. I think Adam has a paypal account. I'll check about using it or setting my own up and get back to you. I'm so excited! I'm totally posting a picture of some tea in your mug!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

sweet! i am excited that there will be a tangible connection...yes, let me know what you would like to do and we will move from there...

Mattias said...

the mugs look great!

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

thanks mattias! love your work!