Tuesday, September 16, 2008

passing on sad news...

this is very sad..i am very upset...i didn't know alan, but enjoyed his blog and thirst for life. we really only have now. came across this news on brian fields blog..


.I just got some horrible news from my friend Nicloa at Argyll Pottery.
http://alanfromargyllpottery.blogspot.com/
She tells me that Alan was in an accident riding his bicycle and was killed. I don't have any more of the details.

She wanted our assistance in spreading the news and letting people know. I know most of you have a lot more traffic and bigger blogrolls than I do.

Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Deborah Woods said...

I feel so sad at this for some reason. I have never met him, only knew him through his writing, but I'm sitting here trying really hard not to cry and not doing well with it. It's weird you know, something is just gone now. How can someone you don't know, make you feel such a loss? Sorry to lay this on you-I just feel comfortable telling you. Alan of Argyll, gone. It's fucked up.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

yes it is very sad to me too...he seemed very big in heart, a solid potter no doubt,..... some folks who were close to him are hurting bad right now.......it just goes to show how much of a gift these blogs are to each other, getting to know one and another........out of words really..very sad.