Friday, August 15, 2008

it pulls me one way or another..










i am going to try something different...this has become my journal of sorts, it it is lacking.i have always kept written journals, and enjoy having them to refer to. also i am still not very trusting of these sites, mine could vanish or get "stuck"and my past would be gone! plus i am a slow typer, and a fast writer, so i rather write and get more of my stream of conscious down. even further, i like to draw and this platform is inaccessable in this matter...so i am going to scan a page and see how that works..you might have to click on the picture to read it...

5 comments:

Meagan Chaney said...

Hi Jeff,
I like the idea of scanning your journal! Seem even more personal. I too enjoy the act of writing/sketching more than typing, so I understand where you're coming from. Looking forward to more posts.

Meagan

PS - love the picture of you loading the kiln.

Patricia Griffin said...

What a great idea! I might give that a try myself. Love seeing all the images of your work. It's really intriguing. Very cool.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

cool, i am glad yall could read it, yes my old journals are priceless to me! thanks for the feedback ladies, i am enjoying being back in blog world...patricia, the potter challenge is fun..

Deborah Woods said...

Hi Jeff, I just found your blog and wanted to say that I love your work. It's given me a zap of inspiration to keep moving in the direction I am going, despite some worries I've been having about getting too far off "mainstream" pots. Looking forward to seeing more.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

thanks deborah,mainstream shmanstream, i say, create what inspires you, and make no apologies for your art! i like your work very much, the mug tests are awesome..sweet deco!