Monday, August 25, 2008

galleried..

i am working at the local co-op gallery today. forgot my camera, so no new pics until tomm. had a great show in cary sat.(lazy dayz) hello and thanks to all the people i met that might be checking this out. i really enjoyed the show. i left at 3 am drove three hrs(really fast!), set up my booth, worked it for 9 hrs, sold lots of pots met many great people, feels so good to get feedback from the public..thanks folks!), broke down my booth and drove 3 hrs back home, and put my daughter to bed..what a day! it felt like a dream, cause i was on only two hrs of sleep, having stayed up late packing, and waiting for my kiln to cool. i will write more about it and post the pics of new work, and some of the customers who bought it! now i must get to work, i can carve tumblers here, while talking to customers. i love this, being able to do my work here admist the hustle of down-town boone, it is a nice break from my studio..have a great day all, and live it up..

2 comments:

Deborah Woods said...

Were you waiting for your kiln to cool for stuff to bring to the show? You must be pretty confident in your success rate. I know I'm not yet. I need 12 pieces for a jury review in 11 days and I'd like to get 3 firings to cover my chances-but probably only get two-and I'm gonna be doing some serious hoping for good luck. The ratio of good to bad seems to be improving however-so maybe there's hope. Congratulations on your show.

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

well, i have my glazes for the sgraffito work down pat...i use don davis clear, and a varition on the "ocean" glaze with alot of gertsley borate..most of my deco work is done during the carving process. i always have some "seconds", my major issue is me! i rush the drying process of large pieces, like platters that are 18"+ and big bottle forms that have sections..so there is some crackitudge due to my impatience...good luck with your jury,..perservere!