Tuesday, May 15, 2007

back home




alrighty then, back at the ole homestead, taking a day off for recovery...shows take a hell of alot out of you. they are a mixture of stress, joy, hard work, and new connections. my favorite part is the interaction i have with customers who are moved by my work. i have yet to figure out if it is becuase it strokes my ego, or if it is a type of communiction on a different level that we are in agreement with. making my work and doing art in general is very easy and second nature for me. i can exist better when i am in the act of creating, i get quite un-ruly when there is a period of not being able to get to my work...that is why i can not work in the system so well, i need to be able to change directions and have complete open spaces to create...i love being my own boss, hell there is no way i am going back to shining someone-else's dime, i can tell you that, no problem. this life is too much a wonderousjourney to sink my heels into some-else's fortune. i rather make my own and drink this life until i spillith over...the festival went well, not as good a showing as i had figured, but t was a greaty chance to see other opurtunites appear, and ways in which i can further open up my art to the buying public. two such non-ceramic endeavors that i am going to indulge in are block-prints, and scratchboard...look i love painting, this is what my life comes down to, i can sum up all my feeling in a painting, nothing else allows me to get so personal and free. clay, yes i can translate, maybe to well for my own good. i kind of have some say in the process and am somewhat profiecent at throwing, and decorating. not so with painting...i have no idea e=really what i am doing. this makes the process so raw and undiscovered. long story long, i brought some paintings with me to serve as the backdrop to my booth, and got very interesting re-actions. some were very excited by them ,and would ask me if so and so from such and such was a influence on me...i am sad to say i am very ingorant when it comes to art-history, i have never cracked a book, and was kicked out of my middle school art class, for disruptive behavior, and skipped highschool art to skate...so i really don't have any refrences when i paint, it is just me...so i was told that i should try linoleum cuts, or block prints, the technique is much the same as sgraffito. cool, i am excited, i have visions all kinds of stuff that i could incorporate this into. i will make an oricinal cur and then produce original prints, all the time messing around with color and the medium i print on. with scratch board i would like to go big, and finally i am energized to began painting again.. i want to keep it as raw as possible, in the outsider art fringe...messy, untapped, no desired outcome, just a playground for relaxing and letting the images be disturbed, and undisturbed all on found objects, i can't stand white canvas, too nice and i enjoy an excuse to plunder the dump for treasure..i will post these new paintings as the come into being, off to claen up everything now, freaking spring-claening galore, unpacking, weedwacking, washing, throwing out, sweeping up, the are words that will be approprate in my day..here are some shino pots from repugged clay, cone ten reduction

No comments: